Thursday 7 January 2016

Self-promotional logo using “Adobe Illustrator”


An effective logo is (in no particular order)  

1. Simple:
A simple logo design allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile & memorable. Good logos feature something unique without being overdrawn.

2. Memorable:
Following closely behind the principle of simplicity, is that of memorability. An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple, yet, appropriate logo.

3. Timeless:

An effective logo should be timeless – that is, it will endure the ages. Will the logo still be effective in 10, 20, 50 years?

 4. Versatile:

An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications. The logo should be functional. For this reason a logo should be designed in vector format, to ensure that it can be scaled to any size. The logo should be able to work both in horizontal and vertical formats.

  
5. Appropriate:

How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose. For example, if you are designing a logo for children’s toys store, it would be appropriate to use a childish font & colour scheme. This would not be so appropriate for a law firm.


My promotional logo Idea:

Whilst looking through some design portfolios online earlier this month I came across a fantastic poster promoting A4 paper product. so I was thinking to create something people will find it interesting and useable for many places . In the same time, I was focusing to create a logo which people can interact with my product.

I came up with the idea that I can use my name( Ahmad Abdul gader Atani ) with first 2 latter of my name(AA) with 3 different bright colors( blue , orange , yellow ), and down of the logo write my last name(atani) as trade mark to make it memorable.

From the five concepts which I studied, I tried so hard to make it unique, effective and simple.

 

The design tips:

The first step I have used is:

 1. Using Adobe Illustrator

2. Open a new file, named my logo and I have chosen the size of my logo which is 5*5.

3. From the tools bar I started to draw rectangle.

4. Started to draw AA shape which I can join them by using pathfinder.

5. Using position tolls to give my logo a shape like an AA.

6. I used 3 different colors ( blue , orange , yellow ) by using the gradient tool .

7. I have manipulated text by writing my sure name in my logo.

8. I have saved my design in 2 different format (JPEG and .*ai) 


No comments:

Post a Comment